Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vindicated

In the beginning of IPL I had actually made a statement or rather put it in a blog that T20 is a bowlers game and that is what it has turned out to be. It is a bowlers game.
Right now sitting here in the guest house, I see the Man of the series, the purple cap winner for bowling and I find that both of them come from the Rajasthan Royals ( there are three RR bowlers in the top wicket takers list int he top 5 ) . Sohail and Shane are both sitting at ranks 1 and 2 in the list.
 
I believed that a team with better bowlers will definitely win this tournament. Though one thing I find funny is that the winners of the tournament will get about 1.2 million USD but players like Ishant Sharma were bought for about 1.5 million in the beginning of the tournament, This takes away some shine about the final legs of the tournament
 
For the players it is getting the money and basking in the glory of the performance for the rest of the year. The performances in IPL will not be of that big a weight when judging their performance for the decision of inclusion in the team.
Still., I stand vindicated,

No comments: